Thursday, January 12, 2012

Morning Walk

Lately if I have been up early enough in the mornings, I've been going on walks around the neighborhood. This, of course, started from Chi running off. I take food out with me to leave for the squirrels in the area in hopes that Chi will find it. Since she went missing, I had not seen her even with all the walks I have made. It caused me to be discouraged for a while and I wasn't making my walks as much. 

However, today I was up bright and early. I was worried that Chi might not be finding food without me leaving it out so as soon as there was some light in the sky out I went. I came across a squirrel that I see every day. I call him Chet as that is the best name I could come up with the second time I meet him. He really seems to like the food I leave out and watches me intently. After seeing him try to blend into the tree he was staring at me from, I noticed movement to the side of me. I turned to see a smaller squirrel running around in a tree. It sure looked a lot like Chi, but I couldn't be 100% sure. The morning light was getting brighter, however, it was not enough to see the colors in the little squirrel's fur. I tried to follow her, but she was just to quick for me to keep up. Her movements were very Chi like and were different from the fox squirrels I keep identifying around the neighborhood. So, I'm praying it was my Chi as that would mean she has been finding food and keeping warm. Either way, I left out some extra food at the base of the tree where I spotted her first. 

Who would have ever thought, I'd miss a squirrel so much? 

No comments:

Post a Comment