Saturday, December 10, 2011

Not So In Tune

So this squirrelly pagan has decided she isn't as in tune with Nature as she used to be. When I was younger, I could look at the sun and from its height be able to figure out when nightfall would hit. As a kid, I could sense if it was cold or not by just looking out the window. I was also able to move quietly through the woods without disturbing anything. Today, well I can do none of these things. lol

It seems that the older we get, the more out of tune with our world we become. The stress of life makes us go a little nuts and we forget to keep our connection to the natural order of things. We get so caught up staring at bills that we forget to do our part in the big picture because we focus on little things.

I miss the concept of village living. The idea that you live basically so to stay in tune with the natural cycles and community is a major value. I'm not talking about community as in the local town fair, but where people actually help each other. A wise woman I know was talking about how it really did take a village to raise a child, but that tv is doing that now.



It is a sad world we live in. Children are raised by tv and public schooling. Adults forget their connection to each other and the Earth. At this rate mankind is doomed....and if I don't change some of my habits I'll be no different than any other adult who is blind to the beauty of the world.

Now onto a better topic! The baby Chi!


Chi still hasn't been able to be taken by a Wild Rehab center or person, so she has been helping me play on my computer....or at least messing up my desk drawer. So cute! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment